The Scout Section is for all young people aged between 10½ and 14. The Scout Troop is the third and final Section in the Scout Group, after which Scouts are encouraged to join the Explorer Scout Section which is run on a District, rather than Group, level.
Scouts is largely based upon outdoor activities. Our scouts have many camps each year, and learn survival skills. Being outdoors is important and taking part in both the traditional Scouting skills, such as camping, survival and cooking as well as the wide range of adventurous activities from from abseiling to canoeing, form an important part of the activities.
Scouting is about being with friends, as part of a team, participating fully in the adventure and opportunities of life #SkillsForLife
Our Scouts meet on:
- Monday: 7.15-9.00pm
- Tuesday: 7.15-9.15pm
- Thursday: 7.15-9.15pm
The Scout Promise
On my honour, I promise that I will do my best
To do my duty to God and to the Queen,
To help other people
And to keep the Scout Law
The Scout Law
- A Scout is to be trusted.
- A Scout is loyal.
- A Scout is friendly and considerate.
- A Scout belongs to the worldwide family of Scouts.
- A Scout has courage in all difficulties.
- A Scout makes good use of time and is careful of possessions and property.
- A Scout has self-respect and respect for others.
The Scout Motto